On Monday, SiriusXM will debut three new 24/7 college sports radio stations: one devoted to the Pac-12, one devoted to the SEC and one devoted to the ACC. The channels, originally announced last fall, will feature news and talk, as well as live game broadcasts, beginning with next week’s conference tournaments.
The networks’ roster of analysts features a healthy mix of relative unknowns and established voices, with a significant amount of overlap with ESPN and the conference-based channels it owns.
Here’s a quick rundown of what and who you can expect to hear on each of the SiriusXM stations:
- SEC This Morning will air weekday mornings from 7-10 a.m. ET, hosted by Peter Burns and former LSU and NFL defensive end Marcus Spears.
- In drive-time, from 3-6 p.m. ET, Chris Childers and former Florida and NFL wide receiver Chris Doering will host SEC Today.
- From 6-10 p.m. ET, SEC Radio will air a replay of SEC Network Paul Finebaum Show.
- Other personalities to appear on SEC Radio include former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, former Georgia and NFL offensive lineman Matt Stinchcomb, former Auburn coach Gene Chizik, former Browns general manager Phil Savage and and broadcasters Doug Bell and Braden Gall.
- Pac-12 This Morning, hosted by Guy Haberman and former Washington State and NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf, will air weekday mornings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET.
- Pac-12 Today will air during drive-time on the West Coast (6-9 p.m. ET, 3-6 p.m. PT) and feature former Oregon and NFL offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz alongside one of Kate Scott and Sean O’Connell, depending on the day.
- Other Pac-12 Radio personalities will include former Arizona State head basketball coach Bill Frieder, former Arizona State and NBA guard Eddie House, former UCLA and NFL tight end Charles Arbuckle, former Washington State and NFL safety Erik Coleman, former San Diego State and NFL linebacker Kirk Morrison, former USC assistant football coach Yogi Roth and Pac-12 Networks broadcasters Roxy Bernstein, Jill Savage and Mike Yam.
- From 7-10 a.m. each weekday, Mark Packer and Wes Durham will host ACC This Morning.
- ACC Today will air from 3-6 p.m. ET, hosted by Jac Collinsworth and former Army guard and Duke assistant coach (and Coach K son-in-law) Chris Spatola.
- Other analysts and personalities will include ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla, former Georgia Tech coach Bobby Cremins, former Miami and NFL linebacker Jonathan Vilma, former Georgia Tech quarterback Tom Luginbill and former Notre Dame and NFL offensive lineman Aaron Taylor.
Overall, that’s a pretty promising group. SiriusXM doesn’t seem to be attempting anything radical here, but the launch of these networks should be good news for college sports fans who like sports-talk radio.