- ESPN and ABC will air 101 nationally televised games on cable and broadcast TV. ESPN will air weekly NBA games, including doubleheaders on Wednesday and Friday nights. ABC will air nine Saturday Primetime games and six Sunday games, beginning in January.
- This season, ESPN will include a 15-minute pregame broadcast before each game and after NBA Countdown, hosted by the game broadcasters. The conclusion of the game will be followed a 15-minute post-game broadcast hosted by Michelle Beadle.
- ABC will air a tripleheader of national games on Christmas Day. Games include the Thunder at Rockets, followed by the 76ers at the Celtics, and concludes with the Lakers at Warriors in primetime, simulcast on ESPN. ESPN will also air two games, as the Knicks host the Buck at noon and the Blazers and Jazz meet late at night.
- ABC and ESPN will both air up to 44 NBA Playoffs games, including coverage of the Western Conference Finals on ESPN and the 2019 NBA Finals on ABC.
- Talent: Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, and Mark Jackson lead the broadcast teams through the season and postseason, including the NBA Finals. Beadle returns as host of NBA Countdown with Jalen Rose, Paul Pierce, and Chauncey Billups from Los Angeles. Rachel Nichols returns as host of The Jump, airing weekdays afternoons and featuring various NBA/ESPN talent and NBA insiders.
NBA on ESPN Talent
NBA Countdown (studio): Michelle Beadle, Jalen Rose, Paul Pierce, Chauncey Billups.
The Jump: Rachel Nichols and others, weekdays on ESPN at 3 pm
NBA on ESPN
Lead: Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson,
Play-by-play: Mark Jones, Dave Pasch, Ryan Ruocco, Adam Amin
Game analysts: Hubie Brown, Doris Burke, P.J. Carlesimo, Stan Van Gundy
Courtside Reporters; Lisa Salters, Israel Gutierrez, Cassidy Hubbarth, Jorge Sedano; Burke (postseason/Finals reporter)
Tuesday, December 25 – NBA on Christmas Day
Bucks at Knicks, ESPN Noon
Thunder at Rockets, ABC 3 p.m.
76ers at Celtics, ABC 5:30 p.m.
Lakers at Warriors, ABC|ESPN 8 p.m.
Blazers at Jazz, ESPN 10:30 p.m.
NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC, Saturdays 8:30 p.m.
January 19: Thunder at 76ers (3:30 p.m.) | Lakers at Rockets
January 26: Warriors at Celtics
February 2: Lakers at Warriors
February 9: Thunder at Rockets
February 23: Rockets at Warriors
March 2: Warriors at 76ers
March 9: Celtics at Lakers
March 16: Warriors at Thunder
ABC NBA Sunday Showcase, Sundays 3:30 p.m.
February 3: Thunder at Celtics (2:00 p.m.)
February 10: Lakers at 76ers
March 3: Rockets at Celtics
March 10: Pacers at 76ers
March 17: 76ers at Bucks
April 7: Thunder at Timberwolves
TNT will televise weekly Thursday night NBA doubleheaders during the regular season, as well as Tuesday night games beginning mid-season. TNT will be the exclusive home of NBA All-Star Weekend from the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, including the Rising Stars Challenge, All-Star Saturday Night, and the NBA All-Star Game. TNT will televise over 40 Playoff games, as well as exclusive coverage of the Eastern Conference Finals.
TNT’s Players Only series, with former players broadcasting games, will return on January 29 through the end of the regular season.
Talent: TNT’s Emmy award-winning pregame show Inside the NBA returns, with Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Shaquille O’Neal. Marv Albert, Kevin Harlan, Chris Webber, Kevin McHale, and Reggie Miller return as the primary broadcast teams. Allie LaForce also has joined the network as a sideline reporter.
NBA TV will present 107 simulcasts of NBA games from regional networks. They will also air studio programming, highlights, and in progress games around the league. NBA TV will feature a special Martin Luther King, Jr. Day doubleheader on Monday, January 21, followed by an NBA on TNT Tripleheader.
NBA TV will have exclusive broadcasts of the Mexico Games (Jazz-Magic on 12/15) and the London Games (Wizards-Knicks on 1/17/18).
Turner Sports Talent
Inside the NBA (studio): Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, Kenny Smith; Kevin Garnett (Area 21)
Play by play: Marv Albert, Kevin Harlan, Brian Anderson, Ian Eagle
Game analysts: Greg Anthony, Grant Hill, Reggie Miller, Kevin McHale, Steve Smith, Chris Webber
Courtside reporters: Rosalyn Gold-Onwude, Allie LaForce, Kristen Ledlow
TNT/NBA TV talent: Caron Butler, Vince Cellini, Derek Fisher, Mike Fratello, Jared Greenberg, David Griffin, Brendan Haywood, Rip Hamilton, Stu Jackson, Rick Kamala, Stu Jackson, Candace Parker, Casey Stern, Dennis Scott, Nate Robinson, Isiah Thomas, Matt Winer
NBA on TNT Early Schedule
Tuesday, October 16: 76ers at Celtics | Thunder at Warriors
Thursday, October 18: Bulls at 76ers| Lakers at Blazers
Thursday, October 25: Celtics at Thunder | Nuggets at Lakers
Thursday, November 9: Cavaliers at Rockets | Thunder at Nuggets
Thursday, November 16: Warriors at Celtics | Rockets at Suns
January 19, 2019 – Martin Luther King Day
Thunder at Knicks, NBA TV 12:30 p.m.
Magic at Hawks, NBA TV 3 p.m.
Pelicans at Grizzlies, TNT 5:30 p.m.
Rockets at 76ers, TNT 8 p.m.
Warriors at Lakers, TNT 10:30 p.m.