I’m starting a Monday tradition (like no other) here at AA by compiling the best (worst) quotes of your Sports Viewing weekend. If you ever have any to add feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Onto the list…..you may have missed many of these will watching that THRILLING Sopranos premier (that show still sucks….I’m sorry)…..
9. “They pick at you pick at you then kill you”- Mark Grace, talking about the Minnesota Twins.
8. “Get in the gap…..finish it nicely”- Julie Foudy, Double Entendres will get you everywhere Mrs. Foudy!
8. “MISSED IT WIDE OPEN! THEY’RE GONNA LOOK BACK ON THAT ONE AND DIE!”- Gary Thorne from Signal To Noise, The caps are necessary when quoting Thorne.
6. “The Twins on their best behavior on that bus because you know they want a pie or something.”- Chris Berman, He said this after talking to Joe Mauer while he was on the team bus. It makes about as much sense as wearing this sport coat.
5. “And he walks him! That’s the WORST scenario for a reliever”- Jon Miller, I would think a homerun to tie the game would be, but okay.
4. “Here’s the Sack Man who was one for fifteen. Albert Winnie the Pujols.”- Berman, Ugh.
3. “He got in trouble when he hit Joey Cora to lead off the third inning”- Joe Morgan, Joey stopped playing baseball in 1998 and he’s the third base coach for the White Sox. Pretty sure that was Alex Cora.
2. “Such a beautiful view … and to play this course on a day like this, it’s like being tortured by a beautiful woman.”- David Feherty.
……and the winner for Quote of the Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Jackie Robinson was 60 years ago…..a lot of these players weren’t born yet.”- Joe Morgan
A lot of them weren’t born yet??? How about all of them! Probably most of the coaches too you ass.
Comments are closed.