Spring Training is officially underway and that means we’re getting closer to the start of the 2017 MLB regular season. Major League Baseball’s BAMTech has announced some new features to its out-of-market streaming MLB.TV package. First, the cost for the entire season will be $112.99.
With new platforms being developed almost every day, MLB.TV is offering some new innovations and premium features for watching live baseball in 2017. MLB.TV will be available on Android TV, FireTV, Roku and Xbox.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers will be able to listen to games without blackout restrictions on Amazon Echo platforms by saying, “Alexa, open MLB.”
By selecting a certain team, fans will receive customized content on supported platforms.
Other features include:
- Home and away feeds including Spanish-language audio
- The speed of streaming will increase to 60 frames per second and the video will be available on iOS platforms and Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 3 and 4 as well as Xbox one and Xbox 360.
- A single team package which will cost $87.49 for the season. This will allow subscribers to watch one out-of-market team for the entire season.
- And MLB.TV Premium subscribers will be able to watch the entire World Baseball Classic from March 6-22, at minimum 39 games.
- And subscribers will be able to watch almost 300 Spring Training games and authenticated viewers will be able to see the All-Star Game in July as well as the World Series in October.
So there will be some changes for MLB.TV and plenty of new features that subscribers will see in the upcoming season.