One of the most popular and successful sports apps is the MLB At Bat app. With streaming video, the one-stop shopping for MLB games whether it be the radio or TV feeds, plus real-time updates of scores, it’s the top grossing sports app in the United States for seven years running.
As Spring Training is about to get into high gear in both Florida and Arizona, MLB At Bat has some new features for the 2016 season for both iOS and Android platforms:
- Portrait and Landscape orientations (iPad only)
- Multitasking split view (select iPads only)
- Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads only)
- App redesign includes Gameday, News Reader, Videos, Sortable Stats and more (iPhone, iPad)
- App redesign to support material design guidelines (Android phones & tablets)
- New UI experience for League and Team News readers (Android phones & tablets)
For Spring Training, the MLB At Bat will include the following features:
- Watch live streaming of more than 275 available Spring Training games with an MLB.TV Premium subscription (iPhone, iPad, select Android phones and tablets, Kindle Fire, Fire Phone)
- Listen live to available Spring Training radio broadcasts (all)
- Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, with accessibility on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your favorite team (all phones)
- Favorite team icon home screen widget for one-click access to your favorite team’s At Bat homepage (Android phones)
- Access to a video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (all phones)
- Classic games video archive, featuring dozens of baseball’s most legendary games (all)
- Search function for all active and historic MLB player cards (all phones)
- Closed captioning for live video (all)
- Watch MLB Network programming (all; requires pay TV authentication)
MLB Advanced Media says there will be additional new features for the regular season which will be added before Opening Day.
Last year was big for MLB At Bat with 13.1 million downloads which was up 21% from 2014 and 1.7 billion app starts which increased by 40%.
So as we prepare for another baseball season, MLB Advanced Media has upgraded the At Bat app in hopes that it will attract even more downloads for the 2016 campaign.