The regular season is over and so is another year of the Pammies. But before we take a look at the final Pammies standings and crown a champion (as if you don’t know who it’s going to be), we have to reward Week 14’s winners. The envelope please…
10) “Every time after Rosario makes a good play, they tell him to make another one.” –Charles Davis (via sctvman)
9) “Larry Fedora better get a rain coat, because a thunderstorm is heading his way.” –Craig James There’s lightning in gatorade coolers? (via glokkenspx)
8) “We’re really getting close to kickoff at the SEC championship game.” – Tim Brando It’s 2:17. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. (via NHSportsHP)
7) “Johnson had him faked out but there was no way Southern Miss was going to be faked out” – Craig James (via bjo109)
6) “The whole complexity of this game could’ve been different.” – Craig James (via tomatpsu). Complexion, the word is complexion.
5) “We are being booed and we arent even in the game” – Mike Patrick, maybe your being booed because Craig James is in the booth and you’re awful. (via jleimer)
4) “You are the inaugural Pac 10, err, Big 10 Championship game champions!” –Kevin Frazier (via DPMilGaya). Ohh Fox…
3) ”Game of centimeters? How about decimeters?” – Charles Davis (via FreddiePhysical). Centimeters are actually smaller than decimeters. This is why we need to convert to the metric system.
2) “Wilson…making chicken salad out of a broken play…” – Gus Johnson (via ChrisMcSharpe)
1) “The first, inaugural Big 12 Champions.” – Tim Brewster (via Aaron_Torres) at the Big Ten Championship Game.
(Click “read more” for your final 2011 Pammies winner and full standings after the jump…)
2011 Pammies Top 10
WINNER: Craig James 149 pts
James is having something close to the record setting season of Packers QB Aaron Rodgers as he continues to torch the AA record books. He’s taken the two biggest competitions AA has had to offer in 2011, winning the Joe Morgan Memorial Tournament to place his face on Mount Rushmore and now the Pammies. He joins this prestigious list of winners…
2011: Craig James
2010: Chris Spielman
2009: Pam Ward
2008: Pam Ward
2007: Gary Danielson
Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes that led Craig James to this defining moment of his broadcasting career…
Week 3: “If he wasn’t a quiet guy, he would be a vocal leader on this club” – Craig James (via dhh78) on Marcus Lattimore.
Week 6: “Texas is the hungrier team. they’re playing with fire in their hair.” – Craig James (via bjo109)
Week 7: “Six Trojans are going to come” – Craig James (via SenatorGiggity)
Week 8: “I’m all for it. I’m not completely against it.” – Craig James (via DWW_1992) and “It’s not even close and it’s really close right now.” – Craig James (via IsaacTM)
Week 11: “I’m no math major. 6 out of 10 is 60%.” – Craig James (via BloggerJustinF) on the number of Big Ten stadiums named after people who served in the armed forces. There are 12 Big Ten teams.
Week 13: “If you play the game of sport, whatever that sport is you’re gonna make mistakes.” – Craig James (via sctvman)
And the rest of the 2011 Pammies standings…
2) Matt Millen 77 pts
3) Pam Ward 60 pts
4) Gary Danielson 49 pts
5) Chris Spielman 44 pts
6) Brent Musburger 28 pts
7) Gus Johnson 25 pts
8) Mike Patrick 23 pts
9) Lou Holtz 21 pts
10) Mark Jones 20 pts
Others receiving votes – Shaun King 18 pts, Lee Corso 17 pts, Sean McDonough 16 pts, Beth Mowins 16 pts, Brett Favre 13 pts, Jesse Palmer 12 pts, Charles Davis 12 pts, Tim Brewster 10 pts, Tom Rinaldi 10 pts, Rod Gilmore 10 pts, Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Verne Lundquist 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, Jenn Brown 9 pts, Andre Ware 8 pts, Brock Huard 8 pts, Wendi Nix 7 pts, Kevin Frazier 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, Tom Cole 7 pts, Danny Kanell 7 pts, Dave Pasch 5 pts, Bill Land 5 pts, Alex Flanagan 4 pts, Mike Morgan 4 pts, Paul Burmeister 4 pts, Tim Brando 4 pts, Joe Tiller 3 pts, Keith Jones 3 pts, Desmond Howard 3 pts, Steve Beuerlein 2 pts, Ray Bentley 2 pts, Scott Van Pelt 2 pts, Kevin Kugler 1 pt, Eric Collins 1 pt, Todd McShay 1 pt.
Thanks to everyone who made the Pam Ward Chronicles and the Pammies such a blast this year. I have to say it was an absolute honor to serve as your Pammy committee chair for the first time. The announcing schedule for the bowls is coming soon and we may have our own separate Pammies for the bowl season itself… and Straight Outta Stockton will continue for the next four weeks till the close of the NFL regular season, so stay tuned.