Your late games, in a few sentences or less each:
- The Steelers have been absolutely woeful on offense in this defensive battle. Dallas has been good enough, despite two Tony Romo INTs, to get Romo and T.O. to hook up for a score and two Nick Folk FGs for a 13-3 lead. However, the 4th quarter is barely underway, and Pittsburgh is well into Dallas territory….and the Steelers just got stuffed on fourth and goal.
- Upset Alert of the Day: the Seahawks are up by five on the Patriots thanks to….Seneca Wallace? Yes, apparently, the Iowa State product has thrown for 200+ yards and 3 TDs so far (2 to former Pat Deion Branch) while subbing for Matt Hasselback, who’s getting old and his back is flaring up again….whoops, now NE’s back in the lead as Sammy Morris burrows into the end zone.
- Brett Favre is probably having plenty of fun out there, but he just got picked by Walt Harris of the 49ers, meaning San Francisco is still 10 points up with less than 2 minutes to play. Shaun Hill has thrown 2 TDs (three, really, if you consider that one of them was recovered by Joe Staley after the receiver fumbled in the end zone).
- Miami just waxed Buffalo north of the border 16-3 on a fitting ending: J.P. Losman got sacked, fumbled, and the Dolphins recovered. Chad Pennington threw one TD to Anthony Fassano and the rest was field goals.
- Denver is holding on by a touchdown at home against KC after coming back from 10 points down. Credit that to the Jay Cutler to Brandon Marshall Show, as the two have hooked up for two scores on the day.
- The Cardinals need to kill four minutes up 27-10 on the Rams. Anquan Boldin hits the 1,000 yard receiving mark for the fourth season as a Cardinal…..and it’s now 34-10 after another defensive touchdown; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie just pick-sixed Marc Bulger.
Document the usual atrocities of the Sunday Night crew, and we’ll kick this thing off at 8:10 or so.