Is there a time when Bob Uecker isn’t funny on television? The Hall of Fame Milwaukee Brewers announcer appeared Tuesday on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk and brought his usual humorous self to the show.
Among the highlights of the interview:
- Saying he called play-by-play for slow-pitch softball at a senior center.
- Saying he made money by selling other players’ equipment.
- Lamenting one homer he hit off Gaylord Perry.
- Apologized to Sandy Koufax for hitting a home run off him.
- Talked about his first night on the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
- Calling a Uecker home run as Major League’s Harry Doyle.
Uecker is an American treasure. Let’s hope he’s around for many years to come.