After the first week of the college football season, it appears that Matt Millen isn't going to waltz to the title as he did last year. Millen is the only announcer with two entries in the Top 10, yes, but he didn't claim top spot. That went to another certain ESPN analyst who I suspect we'll see plenty more of in the Pammies this season. Week 1's Top 10 Pammies are after the jump…
10) "Devon Kennard is the son of his father Derek Kennard…" -Aaron Taylor (via joelederer)
9) "Utah State has 3 timeouts remaining, Utah has 4." – Justin Kutcher (via AA)
8) "AJ McCarron doesn't beat you with his foot, he beats you with his heart" – Lou Holtz (via aaBatt)
7) "That's what football's supposed to sound like. Clean" – Matt Millen getting his senses mixed up. (via colinmeans)
6) "Notre Dame, they are a football team" – Lee Corso (via crocshots)
5) "There's strong, there's Army strong, then there's Charlie Strong" – Matt Millen (via bigbigbanger)
4) "Michigan State didn't have an offensive touchdown AT ALL in 2012. That's their second of the evening" – Eric Collins (via sctvman)
3) "Come on now, you get paid for it. Catch the ball." – Glen Mason after a key UNLV drop. (via Serpent of Eden)
2) "That was huge for Pitt to make it a 3-possession game." – Jesse Palmer (via several) on a Pitt FG that changed the score from 31-10 to 31-13.
1) "Growing up in upstate New York, I used to watch it when I was growing up, when it was on television." – Mark May fibbing to viewers about the ND-Michigan rivalry. (via Deadspin)
Week 1 Standings
T1) Mark May 10 pts
T1) Matt Millen 10 pts
3) Jesse Palmer 9 pts
4) Glen Mason 8 pts
5) Eric Collins 7 pts
Others receiving votes: Lee Corso 5 pts, Lou Holtz 3 pts, Justin Kutcher 2 pts, Aaron Taylor 1 pt.
Comments are closed.