On this week’s edition of the Awful Announcing podcast, host Ben Heisler chats with AA’s Andrew Bucholtz about everything Super Bowl LIII, from CBS’ production to Tracy Wolfson’s postgame interview to the Barstool Sports/NFL feud and the less-than-stellar ratings for the big games.
Here’s the full rundown of the subjects covered.
- 3:38: Ratings aside, should CBS feel good about what was in control of their broadcast?
- 7:11: On the wild live TV moment of the postgame scrum with Tracy Wolfson & Tom Brady
- 9:50: Has Jim Nantz changed for the better as a result of working alongside Tony Romo?
- 11:38 – How CBS should feel about the ratings, both on the TV side and on the digital side
- 14:22 – Should the digital numbers matter more to networks? Would the discussion be different if it were simply a good game?
- 16:10 – Did it feel like there wasn’t a lot of juice leading up to the Super Bowl?
- 19:53 – What would have been the most ideal matchup for BOTH the NFL and the fans
- 20:30 – The Barstool vs NFL feud
- 24:20 – What should we be looking forward to most in sports media in February?
Thanks for listening, and make sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review.