On this week’s edition of the Awful Announcing podcast, host Ben Heisler is joined by NFL Network host Colleen Wolfe, and the two discussed Wolfe’s love for rescuing animals, growing up and getting her sports media start in Philadelphia, her time at NFL Network, and much more.
Here’s the full rundown of Heisler and Wolfe’s discussion.
- 4:20 – Her love for rescuing animals, despite being allergic to them
- 6:00 – Her rescue pet story gone wrong
- 7:56 – Family dynamic as a kid in Philadelphia / were they all sports fans?
- 10:10 – Her mom is a hot take artist
- 11:22 – Going from a potential art major to communications
- 14:56 – Her start in radio at WIP in Philadelphia
- 18:21 – How radio allowed her to have many opportunities and have fun in sports
- 20:50 – Why she believes there’s not more women in sports radio
- 24:10 – Tough conversations she had with producers/management
- 27:05 – Being a “one-person band” in TV and doing everything on the fly
- 29:30 – How she was super close to quitting TV before the NFL Network gig came along
- 34:15 – When did she finally feel comfortable in her role at NFL Network?
- 39:00 – An inside look into the postgame show from the crazy ending to Browns/Steelers (the Myles Garrett incident)
- 47:15 – Stories from the travels with the Thursday Night crew of Michael Irvin, Steve Smith & Joe Thomas
Thanks for listening, and if you enjoyed the show, be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a positive review.