On this edition of the Awful Announcing podcast, host Ben Heisler talked with Fox Sports reporter Shannon Spake about Fox’s new NASCAR studio, the Daytona 500, sports gambling, and a whole lot more.
Here’s the full rundown of the subjects covered.
- 4:05 – Her love for the Howard Stern show
- 7:40 – Was being on the Stern “Wrap Up” show her most exciting moment as an interviewee
- 8:45 – Growing up with scoliosis and back surgery to now training for Iron Mans and running marathons
- 13:20 – Connecting with athletes due to their shared experiences
- 14:45 – When she went “all in” in broadcasting
- 18:50 – On sacrificing time with family for the job, and her kids being super excited about her role in Cars 3
- 20:00 – What was the first NASCAR event she ever attended, even before covering it professionally
- 22:10 – Who were early influences or helpful coworkers in the industry covering NASCAR
- 24:20 – What does she see as the biggest storylines throughout Daytona 500 week?
- 26:50 – Their brand new studio and is it difficult to not make the studio the new “star of the show?”
- 29:03 – Will FOX mention or reference sports wagering or gambling ahead of their coverage
- 31:00 – Predictions for the race
Thanks for listening, and make sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review.