With the NBA Playoffs in full gear, host Ben Heisler is joined by Rob Perez (better known as @World_Wide_Wob) for a chat about the Association.
This week, Ben Heisler is joined by Golf Channel and NBC golf analyst Notah Begay to talk about The Masters, Tiger Woods, his golf career, transitioning from being an active golfer into a broadcaster, and more.
- 5:30 – Intro & the demise of The Bachelor
- 7:49 – What the NBA, WWE, & Soap Operas share in common
- 11:15 – Why the NBA has marketed itself so well to younger viewers
- 14:10 – Basketball’s strength in media sharing and did the NBA ever approach him for his creative content
- 16:24 – Did he ever have an a-ha moment in the early stages for what he was doing
- 20:00 – How “Buckets” got started and how he got paired up with Cycle, ESPN & Cassidy Hubbarth
- 23:30 – Why crowdsourcing works for what he does and why more outlets need to learn and interact with their audience
- 26:20 – Did “living your life” on-air ever backfire on you?
- 29:00 – Grades Ben’s “NBA Looks-Like” candidates (a la Le Batard Show)
- 30:56 – Biggest surprise from the NBA Playoffs thus far
Thanks for listening, and remember to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a positive review.