On this week’s edition of the Awful Announcing Podcast, veteran NFL reporter and broadcaster Andrea Kremer joined host Ben Heisler to talk about plenty of topics.
Here’s a full rundown of Kremer and Heisler’s discussion.
- 3:20 – Did she have a vision for what she wanted to do when she started at NFL Films in 1984
- 7:20 – What she remembers about her first job at a newspaper and how drastically it’s changed now
- 10:40 – On going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and doing it as a mother
- 17:00 – When she found her voice and confidence as a broadcaster and journalist
- 19:30 – How she views the conversation of more diversity and more women earning opportunities to call games
- 23:40 – How she and Hannah Storm were approached about their new opportunity to call Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime Video
- 26:30 – What she hopes viewers will take away from their broadcast and why they don’t want it to be traditional
- 33:40 – On how television and sports broadcasts is constantly changing and why that’s a good thing
- 36:45 – Looking back at her longtime career, is there one story or one piece in particular she’s most proud of?
Thanks for listening, and make sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review.