On the latest edition of the Awful Announcing podcast, host Ben Heisler was joined by Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, and they discussed his career, NFL broadcasters, PFT Live, and much more.
- 2:53 – How he became a Vikings fan growing up in Steelers country
- 6:40 – Growing up in Wheeling, West Virginia and the impact WTBS had on him as a sports fan
- 8:50 – When did he take to the NFL away from baseball?
- 10:11 – How he “stumbled” into his first NFL writing job
- 13:16 – Did he have ownership stake in the first NFL company he worked for? And how did that lead to a quick stop at ESPN?
- 14:35 – How his legal degree and career in law has been essential in his work
- 17:10 – What he considers his most important or memorable work in 18+ years of running Pro Football Talk
- 19:30 – How does ownership/partnership work with NBC/NBC Sports
- 20:31 – What would entice him to go out on his own and move away from NBC
- 21:20 – Al Michaels’ career + Can he confirm that he’s never eaten a vegetable?
- 22:52 – Is there a great future NFL analyst none of us are talking about yet?
- 24:00 – What does he look for in a good in-game analyst
- 26:20 – What would it take for the NFL and Players to avoid a labor dispute in 2021
- 28:05 – Are NFL owners actually seriously considering an 18 game schedule with players sitting out two games?
- 29:40 – Would the NFL/Roger Goodell ever consider transparency when it comes to dealing with player safety information
- 33:21 – Who’s the white whale of guests for PFT Live / Who would he most like to talk to?
Thanks for listening, and if you enjoyed the show, be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a positive review.