Colleen Dominguez and Fox had been embroiled in an age discrimination lawsuit since December 2015 until recently. Deadspin reports that the two parties have settled that suit. No financial terms have been disclosed and the settlement means that for intents and purposes the case will be dismissed.
Dominguez’s attorneys signed the motion to dismiss in December. Fox attorneys signed it on January 20. The settlement was subsequently filed in federal court and it didn’t surface until now. Under terms of the agreement, Dominguez will not be able to refile the suit.
Dominguez joined Fox in March 2014 to be a reporter for FS1. She contended that as she was getting further into her time with FS1, her superiors pulled her off choice assignments and gave them to younger reporters. She also said that her bosses were more concerned about her appearance and wanted her to get a makeover modeled after its star Erin Andrews which included hair extensions.
And Deadspin reported that a FS1 producer, Jacquelyn Bower, was laid off because she in essence knew too much and told management that she felt Dominguez was a victim of gender bias.
Along with Dominguez, Fox settled a high-profile sexual harassment suit by former news anchor Gretchen Carlson for a reported $20 million and another filed by Juliet Huddy. In comparison, the news about the Dominguez settled has been buried.
Neither side has commented on the terms of the agreement. And it ends another chapter in a series of high-profile lawsuits against Fox.