This year we are turning our trusty NCAA Tournament Announcer Power Rankings over to the voice that really matters – you. The first weekend of March Madness is in the books and just the top four broadcast teams below will call Sweet 16 games. But before they do, we want your grades on the 8 new broadcast teams assembled by Turner Sports and CBS for the 2015 edition of the NCAA Tournament.
CBS/Turner had some significant turnover in the broadcast booth as some new faces made their debuts as NCAA Tournament analysts (Chris Webber, Steve Smith, Steve Lappas), some longtime partnerships were broken up and new pairings were formed, and the new #1 team of Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, and Grant Hill called their first tourney action.
As always with our reader rankings, all you have to do is assign a letter grade to the broadcast team in question. Remember, you’re grading the work of the entire team, so keep that in mind if you happen to be more fond of one announcer than another. Feel free to expand on your grades in the comments section below. Results will be published Thursday morning.
1) Jim Nantz / Bill Raftery / Grant Hill // Tracy Wolfson
2) Marv Albert / Chris Webber / Len Elmore // Lewis Johnson
3) Verne Lundquist / Jim Spanarkel // Allie LaForce
4) Kevin Harlan / Reggie Miller / Dan Bonner // Rachel Nichols
5) Ian Eagle / Doug Gottlieb // Evan Washburn
6) Brian Anderson / Steve Smith // Dana Jacobson
7) Spero Dedes / Mike Gminski // Jaime Maggio
8) Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Jamie Erdahl