We’re privileged to be joined on this week’s podcast by the biggest winners in our yearly People’s Sports Media Awards – Roger Bennett and Michael Davies, better known as the Men in Blazers. The best British export since the Spice Girls have taken America by storm in the last year – first with their work at the World Cup for ESPN and then covering the Premier League for NBC. The duo has seen their popular podcast transform into a multi-platform brand with listeners, viewers, and fans all around the globe. In today’s podcast, we chat with Rog and Davo about the following…
– Their chemistry together and what’s made their partnership work.
– The importance of their connection to all the GFOPs.
– How EPL rights were central to choosing to join NBC instead of staying with ESPN or moving to Fox.
– The creation of their television show and how they find all the hilarious crap in football to feature.
– Why Mourinho and Van Gaal give them the most material to work with on a regular basis.
– Stevie G’s Anfield farewell and the futures of Gerrard and Lampard in MLS.
– MLS vs EPL on American television.
– Which Premier League personalities would make the best crossovers into American sports?
– Looking ahead to the MiB season finale and secret plans for a summer holiday adventure to be chronicled on NBC.