WWE has made a lot of news in the sports world recently with Brock Lesnar announcing his re-signing with the company on ESPN, SportsCenter showing WrestleMania, and so many websites now covering the industry on a regular basis. With that in mind we welcome one of the best and funniest pro wrestling writers around, Brandon Stroud of With Spandex and Uproxx. Topics include…
– His journey online and how crazy intense it is to write about pro wrestling on the internet.
– Why Monday Nitro is Brandon’s favorite show to review and some of its most lovable, ridiculous moments including The Giant surviving being thrown off a building by Hulk Hogan after a sumo monster truck match.
– All the mainstream sports media coverage WWE has received around WrestleMania and throughout various sports websites and why that might be driven by Attitude Era fans.
– The continued growth and future of WWE Network and what the best stuff is to watch on the network.
– Why Brock Lesnar is the only important person in WWE right now and whether someone can join him.
– The current philosophy of WWE and current state of the product. Why is it not as encouraging as a year ago?
– The evolution of the PG Era and why the Reality Era never took hold.
– Why NXT is the best thing going and how it can create the competition WWE has long needed.
– Rapid fire including best and worst announcers in WWE, the next first time champ, best promotion outside WWE, and the one matchup Brandon never wants to see again in a WWE ring.
For more from Brandon, follow him on Twitter @MrBrandonStroud.