For the latest edition of the AA Podcast we’re pleased to be joined by the play by play voice of the Boston Celtics, Sean Grande. In addition to being the Celtics radio voice for more than a decade, Sean has experience working in a number of different capacities across the sports world including college football, the Frozen Four, and the Boston Red Sox. He also happens to be one of the biggest wrestling fans in sports along with friends Michelle Beadle and Bill Simmons. So of course you know we’re going to dive into this Sunday’s Royal Rumble and even the time Sean had dinner with The Iron Sheik and Fred Lynn. Other topics include…
– The Celtics entering full-on rebuild mode and the strategy of gathering assets.
– The astounding number of players that have passed in and out of Boston in the past month.
– The challenges of calling an NBA team that’s in a rebuild versus when the franchise has been to the mountain peak and winning a championship.
– Which young players might be part of Boston’s plan to get back to the top of the Eastern Conference.
– The Hawks as maybe being the story of the year in the Association.
– What’s the latest with Grande’s good friend Bill Simmons and his uncertain future.
– The differences in working in the studio and the broadcast booth.
– Sean’s picks for most underrated in sports media.
– His friendship with Jim Ross and having JR call NBA games with him.
– How he got into wrestling as a Bob Backlund guy and his hilarious silent protest at Summerslam ’88 against Hulk Hogan.
– Why Daniel Bryan should be the guy to win this year’s Rumble and not Roman Reigns.
Grande also brags about being the only guy to achieve the triple crown of appearing on the AA Podcast, The BS Report, and The Ross Report. I don’t know why we’re mentioned in the same breath as those other two, but I’ll take it.
For more from Sean, follow him on Twitter @SeanGrandePBP.