Our last episode in double figures welcomes one of our favorite and most frequent guests back to the show – New York Times #1 bestselling author James Andrew Miller. As the co-author of Those Guys Have All The Fun, Jim has remained an authority on all things inside and outside Bristol, Connecticut. With so much happening around ESPN in recent weeks, we talked with Jim about the following…
– The severity of the Bill Simmons suspension and the “civil war” within Bristol.
– Simmons’ roller coaster year at ESPN and whether or not he will stay with Bristol when his contract is up next year.
– The comeback of Keith Olbermann and the big personalities that have returned in recent years… and why John Skipper’s personality is instrumental in that.
– The rash of suspensions this year at ESPN.
– The new NBA TV deal and why it was “required” for ESPN to get it done.
– How ESPN is further separating itself from its competitors and why Fox Sports 1 overshot expectations.
– The big picture of John Skipper’s tenure as ESPN president.
– Details on the re-release of “Live from New York,” the oral history of Saturday Night Live, featuring new material covering the last decade.
For more from Jim, follow him on Twitter @JimMiller.