Not to pile on here, and go into overkill on the whole Gus Johnson thing, but did anyone stay awake during JB and Elmore’s games this weekend? They made an 8 point Florida/Oregon game feel like shuffle board at my grandmother’s retirement home. Here are a couple of notes…..
- From RUTS……”Len Elmore is awfully fond of the phrase “penetrate and kick”. Seriously, in the two games I saw them do….I heard that probably 40 times. I understand that coming up with new terms is hard, but give it a shot Lenny.
- From Grimey…..By the way, I think about the possibility of Gus Johnson calling this game, and I cry on the inside. Tell me about it.
- From Grimey…..JB already tried to say that Butler’s Eric Green was Sidney Green’s kid (it’s Taurean Green from Florida). Ugh.
- Calling a game with a voice devoid of any emotion should not be allowed ever. In the history of Announcers have the great ones ever not been excited at some point? (See: Marv Albert)
- Great post from Quick Slants on JB and Elmore slowing down the earth’s rotation.
If you actually enjoyed them on any broadcast please let me know. Personally, I thought they were awful. I know JB had it in his contract to do these games, but couldn’t you have waited until he did more than 1 game in the regular season?