10. “I misread the memo, they played in England today and I came with you to NEW England.”- Kenny Albert (Not funny AT all)
9. “He has the opportunity to tune up for next week’s game with the Redskins.”- Keyshawn on Tom Brady (Kinda nitpicky, but he was so adamant when he said it)
8. “It was in the front, first row.”- Randy Cross (This was after saying a pass landed in the third row)
7. “Roethlisberger comes on the field again.”- Dick Enberg (Coming from a guy named Dick…that’s pretty nasty)
6. “He wasn’t untouched, but he wasn’t touched enough.”- Dick Stockton (Via Tim….Too funny)
5. “And that was over in an eyelash.”- Dick Stockton
4. “Feels like a playoff game, a Super Bowl!”- Thom Brennamen (A Playoff game with the Dolphins?)
3. “He’s got pictures of somebody there.”- Boomer Esiason on Rex Grossman being the Bears’ QB next year (I hope it’s more drunken shots of Orton)
2. “Nobody was sure if they’d be playing Football in San Diego today with good reason. Fires continue to burn throughout Southern California.”- Chris Berman (See Chris….that’s NOT a good reason)
1. “The shot clock was running down and managed to call a timeout before it ran out.”- Dick Stockton (I give up on you Stockton lovers….I just can’t take him anymore)
I have video on the Dick Stockton debacle, but I’m having trouble getting it edited. Dick was basically on fire yesterday. The Shot Clock comment came within the first two minutes of the game, and it was just down hill from there. The funniest part is that Brian Balldinger immediately felt the need to call it a Play Clock and went into a diatribe on how hard it is to see it in Metrodome. It was downright hilarious.
Hopefully I’ll get another 10 from the Monday Night Live-Blog, and feel free to add any I missed.