Thanks to all of you who voted and took part in Week 1 of the Pammies. Here are the winners below and the updated (well, first) release of the standings. You’ll never guess who took home Pammy gold in the opening week. (I’ll give you a hint – the Pam Ward Chronicles are named after her.) The Full Week 2 Announcing Schedule is also coming soon. The envelope please…
10) “Two ex-presidents represented there on the sideline.” – Beth Mowins after camera shot of Auburn sideline using pics of Obama and Bush to signal plays.
9) “You have so many things going on in your mind, the last thing you’re worried about is the play cock, the play clock…” – Danny Kanell (via bfinleyui)
8) “Should take a knee here” – Joe Tiller with losing team nearing field goal range with under 30 seconds left (via Bloguin)
7) “Wow, if they’d have caught him right there, they would have caught him behind the yardage line.” – Beth Mowins (via SaxxSkwerl)
6) “You’ve got to play football for sixty minutes every snap.” – Andre Ware (via sctvman)
5) “Here is where i think he makes a mistake. He zeroed in and threw a strike.” –Matt Millen (via bjo109)
4) “And Northwestern without Dan Persa on the road at Boston College on ESPNU. Pam?” – Wendi Nix
Beth Mowins: “Beth Mowins and Mike Bellotti here at Jordan-Hare Stadium…” (via jdwvu)
3) “I like to see a running back who has eyeballs in his shoes.” – Craig James (via Brady Green)
2) “The goal of the defense is to keep the offense from scoring.” – Artrell Hawkins with brilliant analysis (via steve5643)
1) “Smith has a team high 6 catches on the season. Or on the season or in the game because it’s the first game of season” – Pam Ward (via kevin7673)
Week 1 Standings – 1) Pam Ward 10 pts, 2) Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, 3) Craig James 8 pts, 4) Wendi Nix 7 pts, 5) Matt Millen 6 pts, T6) Andre Ware 5 pts, Beth Mowins 5 pts, 8) Joe Tiller 3 pts, 9) Danny Kanell 2 pts.