Can Pam Ward stay atop the standings as we approach the vote for Week 2 of the Pammies? (Hint: she has a decent chance. Also, her broadcast partner Dan Hawkins may be her top challenger this year.) It was a great week of exciting games all over the place, especially the insane Notre Dame-Michigan finish that showed us crappy defenses can be a lot of fun. As a reminder as to how this works, each week we’ll nominate 15-20 quotes for you to pick the best 10. The winning quote of the week will earn that person 10 points all the way down to 1 point for 10th. Remember, you can vote for your favorite five quotes. Here are your Week 2 nominees…
1) “Is there any place better to play and coach than Illinois?” – Kevin Kugler (via Benjamin Bordeau)
2) “Danny Travathan. Let’s make that a synonym for a great play.” – Pam Ward (via sctvman)
3) “If you take away a bad Oregon State punt and Russell Wilson this game is 0-0.” –Chris Spielman (via Schwizzy)
4) “That might be a game-saving stop.” – Dan Hawkins (via sctvman) with the game 13-6 CMU with 4:15 in the second quarter.
5) “He’s been so cold I think he was out getting a hot dog” – Dan Hawkins with two analogies that make no sense when put together. (via CK29)
6) “Michigan couldn’t beat Notre Dame even if Lee Corso played for Notre Dame”- Lou Holtz (via The Subway Domer)
7) “That was a very long one yard gain.” – John Thornton (via sctvman)
8) “It takes a special guy to hit that thing fast and hard everytime.” – Andre Ware (via DCare24)
9) “… is from right here in Louisville” – Pam Ward (via TheBlightning) calling the CM-UK game from Lexington.
10) “Rutgers down by five, looking to get even.” – Steve Martin (via minapier)
11) “Its hard to win when your groceries are ugly” – Liam McHugh (via jleimer)
12) “In another life, I’m coming back as UGA’s mascot.” – Matt Millen (via sctvman)
13) “Norfolk State has come out and shot all of their bullets.”- John Thornton (via sctvman)
14) “He kicks left-footed, even though he throws right-footed” – Sean McDonough (via boystevie)
15) “Michigan wins it.” – Brent Musburger (via brewfangrb) with over a minute left in the game and two lead changes yet to come.
16) “This Triple Option offense gives you a lot of options” – Warrick Dunn (via sctvman)
Vote For Your Week 2 Pammy Winners! (vote for up to five)
The winners will come Wednesday morning so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full Week 3 announcing sked later this week!