The podcast gang is back with another episode to get you through the mid-April sports media doldrums.
This week, Ben Heisler is joined by Andrew Bucholtz and Matt Yoder to discuss the latest sports media headlines, including the beginning of the NHL and NBA playoffs, sports documentaries, and the much-maligned debut of ESPN’s Get Up.
- 2:08 – Strong ratings for NBA/NHL Postseason
- 5:50 – Do the markets actually matter for NBA ratings success?
- 7:21 – Is the NBA being helped by their accessible media sharing policy?
- 12:00 – How would the NBA draw with another series over GS/CLE?
- 13:20 – Why are Stanley Cup Playoff games on the golf channel
- 19:37 – Andre the Giant documentary from HBO
- 23:24 – Why we are seeing fewer docs and 30 for 30s on ESPN
- 29:00 – Initial thoughts on debut of “Get Up” on ESPN
Thanks for listening, and remember to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a positive review.