It’s a double podcast week, with ESPN’s Marty Smith joining us for the second episode of the week.
Host Ben Heisler was joined by ESPN’s Marty Smith prior to the launch of his new show, Marty Smith’s America.
- 6:30 – What to look forward to in this episode with Saban, Harbaugh, Jimbo & Frost etc
- 10:30 – How his situation presents opportunities for hard nosed coaches to let loose
- 12:40 – Starting at ESPN and being different than a lot of the other reporters he was around
- 18:08 – When he finally found his voice at ESPN
- 23:30 – How he started getting new opportunities & how his friends were crucial in his rise
- 27:30 – How he first pitched Marty Smith’s America
- 32:30 – Where did the “Marty Party” nickname come from?
- 35:40 – Who is someone you’ve met that the public has misjudged or doesn’t truly understand
- 39:00 – His most embarrassing moments on television
Thanks for listening, and remember to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a positive review.