Here are the winners below and the updated standings for the Pammies after Week 2. Before we reveal the winners, we had to go under the hood and review Brent Musburger’s “Michigan wins it” quote with over a minute and two lead changes left in Saturday night’s epic. After receiving a comment and an e-mail tip, we went back and reviewed the tape. Brent did indeed say “Michigan leads it” (even though there was a submission and numerous tweets suggesting the “wins” version). So, after further review, we removed that high-ranking quote from this week’s quotes. Sorry fans of wildly excitable and premature announcing declarations. As for the Pammy winner this week, as The Who would say – meet the new boss, same as the old boss! The envelope please…
10) “Is there any place better to play and coach than Illinois?” – Kevin Kugler (via Benjamin Bordeau)
9) “In another life, I’m coming back as UGA’s mascot.” – Matt Millen (via sctvman)
8) “Danny Travathan. Let’s make that a synonym for a great play.” – Pam Ward (via sctvman)
7) “That might be a game-saving stop.” – Dan Hawkins (via sctvman) with the game 13-6 CMU with 4:15 in the second quarter.
6) “He’s been so cold I think he was out getting a hot dog” – Dan Hawkins with two analogies that make no sense when put together. (via CK29)
5) “Michigan couldn’t beat Notre Dame even if Lee Corso played for Notre Dame”- Lou Holtz (via The Subway Domer)
4) “Rutgers down by five, looking to get even.” – Steve Martin (via minapier)
3) “He kicks left-footed, even though he throws right-footed” – Sean McDonough (via boystevie)
2) “This Triple Option offense gives you a lot of options” – Warrick Dunn (via sctvman)
1) “… is from right here in Louisville” – Pam Ward (via TheBlightning) calling the CM-UK game from Lexington.
Week 2 Standings – 1) Pam Ward 23 pts, T2) Artrell Hawkins 9 pts, Warrick Dunn 9 pts, Dan Hawkins 9 pts, T5) Craig James 8 pts, Sean McDonogh 8 pts, Matt Millen 8 pts, T9) Wendi Nix 7 pts, Steve Martin 7 pts, 11) Lou Holtz 6 pts, T12) Andre Ware 5 pts, Beth Mowins 5 pts, 14) Joe Tiller 3 pts, 15) Danny Kanell 2 pts, 16) Kevin Kugler 1 pt.
The Full Week 3 Announcing Schedule will come later today where you can find the dates and times of games and all the announcing pairings as well. Make sure you check back every Saturday for the Pam Ward Chronicles!