Well the time is upon us. Super Bowl XLIV is here, and I wanted to pass along your full broadcasting schedule. I’ve broken it down by network (CBS, ESPN and NFL Network), so you can flip around during the day depending on where your interests lie.
The Road To The Super Bowl (Noon-1pm)
Phil Simms All-Iron Team (1pm-2pm)
Studio Show: Super Bowl Today (2-6pm) - James Brown, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe and Bill Cowher, Charley Casserly; Reporters: Lesley Visser, Sam Ryan, Steve Tasker, Solomon Wilcots, Dick Enberg and contributor Katie Couric
- THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS: James Brown takes a look at New Orleans four-and-a-half years after one of the nation’s worst natural catastrophes, Hurricane Katrina
- PLAXICO BURRESS: Plaxico Burress sits down with Bill Cowher for his first interview since being sent to jail in September of 2009.
- DREW BREES: Katie Couric sits down with the Saints quarterback.
- REGGIE BUSH: Bush is interviewed by NFL Today analyst Shannon Sharpe.
- NEW ORLEANS DEFENSE: Lesley Visser sits down with Darren Sharper, Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith as they prepare to face the Colts high octane offense.
- PEYTON MANNING: Dan Marino visits with him and talks about Manning’s first Super Bowl win three years ago in Miami, the Colts’ decision not to go for a perfect season, and facing the team that his father Archie played for, the New Orleans Saints.
- DWIGHT FREENEY AND ROBERT MATHIS: Boomer Esiason sits down with Freeney and Mathis as they get ready to take on Drew Brees and the Saints.
- INDIANAPOLIS RECEIVING CORPS: Sam Ryan visits with the Colts’ receiving corps and discusses the role Peyton Manning has played in the quartet’s success.
- WYNTON MARSALIS: Jazz impresario Wynton Marsalis pays a special tribute with music and words to his beloved city of New Orleans.
- BARACK OBAMA: Katie Couric interviews the President before the game.
- GUY FIERI: Will prepare the “perfect tailgate food.”
- MUSICAL PERFORMANCES: Steve Winwood & Daughtry
SUPER BOWL XLIV (6:28pm Kickoff)- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, Steve Tasker, Solomon Wilcots
Mike and Mike in the Morning (ESPN Radio/ESPN2, 6am)- Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic
SportsCenter (ESPN, 7am)
Outside the Lines (ESPN, 8am)- Bob Ley Guest: Chicago Bears linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer and former New Orleans Saints offensive tackle Kyle Turley
The Sports Reporters (ESPN, 8:30am)- John Saunders and a panel of sports journalists
SportsCenter live from Sun Life Stadium (ESPN, 9am)- Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski
Sunday NFL Countdown (ESPN, 10am-2pm)- Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Tedi Bruschi, Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, Jon Gruden, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter, Suzy Kolber and Ed Werder
– Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade and Rob Schneider, stars of the upcoming movie Grown Ups (11:30am)
- Celebrity chef and television personality Emeril Lagasse, who lives in New Orleans, will discuss Cajun Super Bowl cuisine (12:30pm)
– Grammy Award-winning musician Kenny Chesney, a close friend to Saints head coach Sean Payton, will appear on the show (1pm)
NFL GAMEDAY MORNING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY PREGAME FROM SOUTH FLORIDA (9am-5:30pm)- Marshall Faulk, Steve Mariucci, Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Stacey Dales, Rich Eisen
From the Sun Life Stadium booth: Fran Charles, Rod Woodson
From NFC and AFC hotels- Scott Hanson, Kara Henderson
From South Beach set- Alex Flanagan, Jamie Dukes, Tom Waddle
- A look inside the Indianapolis Colts defense with Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis and Gary Brackett.
- How Colts WR Pierre Garcon and Saints LB Jonathan Vilma are bound together by the disaster relief effort in Haiti.
- A closer look at what the Saints organization and players mean to the city of New Orleans, straight from the fans.
- Steve Sabol gives his take on how the legacy of Colts icon Peyton Manning now includes taking on his father’s team in Super Bowl XLIV.
- Super Bowl Journey – Saints DT Anthony Hargrove visits the Miami rehabilitation facility that he was in a year ago.
- In Memoriam – A reflection on the NFL icons that were lost in 2009
- Sabol chronicles the best decade of Super Bowl matchups