I’ve never had any feelings for FOX’s Chris Rose, one way or another, before. That is until FOX decided that he’s their “Ernie Johnson” and put him in front of the camera every chance they got. He’s really a terrible announcer, but he hasn’t really had the time or training to even be considered one. He has however been a host/interviewer before, and based on last night’s postgame performance, I think we can officially say he isn’t very good at that either.
Chris not only decided to address Derek Jeter as “Jeets”, but he continually tried to go with a GPS joke about the parade route, thus confusing the players to no end. If you hop into Twitter and search for Chris Rose, you can read some of the reactions to his stellar work….
– Chip Caray, congrats. The worst postseason broadcast performance now goes to Chris Rose. What a complete embarrassment.
– How obnoxious is it that Fox’s toolbag Chris Rose?
– Chris Rose is a grease fire as an anchor/reporter. It’s like casting Jim Carrey in a serious role.
– Chris Rose should be out of a job tomorrow
– chris rose suuuuuuuuux
– I have no idea what Chris Rose was talking about, neither did Jorge or DJ.
– I hope Chris Rose asks more players how they feel and to soak it in.
– Chris Rose should stick to poker commentary
I love how it took a World Series win for people to realize how annoying Chris Rose can be. My personal favorite moment from the postgame was that Mariano Rivera had to bring up the retirement question by himself, and then answer it. Just terrible.
With that said, FOX’s attempt at the Series wasn’t all that bad this year. I still think that Tim McCarver doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but he does have his brief moments of genius. And Joe Buck was surprisingly tolerable for once.
Head to Deadspin for some more tweets about Rose….