Every Monday you will have anywhere from ten to twenty quotes to pick from and your votes will decide our weekly winner and ultimately the grand champion. I’ll have the winners and new standings up tomorrow and be sure to cast your vote at the bottom.
It’s going to be a tough decision for you voters this week. Here are the thirteen quotes to choose from in no particular order….
1. “You gotta love the offensive game plan so far here by California” – Charles Davis calling the Minnesota/Ohio State game
2. “He’s giving the traveling call”- Jesse Palmer not realizing that the motion is the same for a false start
3. “Tennessee has beaten Tennessee three times this year.”- Gary Danielson
4.“The college football world is flat. Anybody can beat you.”- Spencer Tillman
5. “You gotta go for it here if you’re Butch Davis and you came to win”- Andre Ware
“It’s only third down”- Dave Pasch
6. “Yeah you’ve gotta expect Ringer to get it here”- Ray Bentley with Michigan State at the 1 yard line going in to score and an empty backfield
7. “That’s going to bring up third and a credit card.”- Joe Tessitore
8. “In college football brad, you know, when you make a first down, first downs that you have possession of aren’t really that important because if you make a first down it stops the clock” – Bob Griese not making much sense
9. “Four of the last three years.” – Kirk Herbstreit in reference to USC losing to unranked opponents
10. “I don’t even know if you’re allowed to say this. But just like you can’t be a little bit pregnant, you also can’t be a little bit spread.”- Gary Danielson on Auburn’s spread offense
11. “They call it a naked bootleg, because you are out there alone, and they are undressing you, and you are left all exposed.” – Dave Archer
12. “This is an old-fashioned, country butt-kicking… and Georgia is supplying the butt.” – Mike Patrick
13. “It was a missed PTA.” – Brent Musburger referring to the end of the Ole Miss/Florida game