The best game of the afternoon: Pitt heads to Balamur for the follow up to September’s OT win by the Steelers in Heinz Field. I won’t be watching because CBS has determined that I should care more about New England – Oakland.
Your quick early game recaps:
- Brian Lumbergh…er, Griese apparently started for Jeff Garcia today (out with a bad calf and possible groin problem due to hot wife) and has thrown a pick and a TD for TB. Matt Ryan’s thrown two picks, but the Falcons are still up 10-7 on the strength of Michael Turner. TB is driving right now….and got an FG. Game’s in OT, and TB has the ball again.
- Niners down 14-9 agains the Dolphins; Miami has not broken and hasn’t given up a TD in the last 11 quarters or something. Shaun Hill and the SF O is at the 22 of Miami right now. Chad Pennington’s thrown two TD passes….and, this game’s done because J-Peezy just took Shaun Hill to the ground on 4th down.
- Buffalo fans will be stringing up J.P. Losman soon. He just got sacked and fumbled, which was recovered for the go-ahead TD by the Jets, and then promptly threw a pick to end it with about 1:30 left in the game. Jersey Bretts, 31-27.
- The Colts defense has made Dan Orlovsky, Kevin Smith and the rest of the Lions look good. One TD for Smith, one TD for Calvin Johnson, but three rushing TDs for the Colts, and Indy is ahead 28-21.
- Jacksonville ahead of Green Bay 20-16, Aaron Rodgers was leading a drive but was just picked by Reggie Fucking Nelson. Two TD passes for David Garrard and one rushing TD for MJD.
- EPIC FAIL in progress for the Bolts in KC: 6 minutes left and the Chiefs are up 21-10. Philip Rivers has done nothing except throw an INT and a bunch of floaters. Tyler Thigpen continues to look good with the pistol formation offense with 1 TD passing and one throwing. Larry Johnson has a TD pass to Tony Gonzalez on the nice trickeration.
- STRATOSPHERIC FAIL in progress for the Redskins: they are down 10 points to the Bungles in Cincy. Two minutes left. Ryan Fitzpatrick’s thrown for a TD and run for one too.
- No TDs for the Titans and only one for Houston in their matchup. Andre Johnson caught the TD pass. 4 FGs for Tennessee. 13-12, Houston, but the Titans have the ball with about 3 minutes to go.
- Seattle and St. Louis tied at 20. (Yawns.)
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore – Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Denver @ Carolina – Dick Enberg, Randy Cross, Dan Fouts
New England @ Oakland – Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
Minnesota at Arizona - Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver