If you ever get the chance to watch a Patriots’ Playoff Game in Boston I suggest you jump at the chance. It’s like nothing else I’ve ever witnessed. I got the pleasure of heading to a local Irish Bar (McSomethings) and enjoyed Tom Brady’s surgical destruction of the Jaguars with some of Boston’s finest on Saturday Night and here’s what I learned……
1. They don’t really like it when you root for the other team: A “Let’s Go Jaguars….Clap, Clap, ClapClapClap cheer I tried to start didn’t go over so well.
2. Every single Pats player has a jersey: It’s beyond description how many different player names I saw out in the city. Here’s the list as I can remember……Brady, Maroney, Moss, Welker, Matt Light, Vince Wilfork, Rodney Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, Kevin Faulk, Adalius Thomas, Colvin, Randall Gay, Ben Watson, and Ellis Hobbs
3. The Pats have a ton of Women Fans: I think this is more than likely due to Tom Brady, but every single girl in the city had some sort of Pats’ garb on. My personal favorite was a blonde 20-something in a throwback Ted Johnson jersey.
4. Pats Fans cheer for everything: And when I say everything….I mean EVERYTHING. A negative four yard screen to Wes Welker…..WHOOOO! A four yard run on first down by Fred Taylor…..OH YEAH!
5. Their Postgame cover bands are terrible: It was about 12:30 when I wished I was back in DC watching the class of cover bands Mr. Green Genes.
Yep that about sums it up. I’ll tell you how annoying Celtics fans are now after attending the Wizards-Celts game at the Garden (I refuse to call it the TD Bankwhatever Thing) tonight. I’m out for the rest of today and will be traveling most of tomorrow, so I’ll see you all for a full day on Wednesday.
P.S.- All of this is in jest Boston fans…..sort of.