Here is the rundown of some of the best comments posted during the draft last night. I appreciate every single one of you for helping me out last night.
We’ll do this Dave Letterman style….and links to the sites are embedded in the names. If you get a moment check out some of their postings, as always there is some great stuff out there. The Sports Blogging Community is just amazing to me sometimes. If you posted and your site wasn’t linked into your name please feel free to add to the comments section and I will update this posting later in the day. Here we go:
Honorable Mention: Dtoxic said…Speaking of Dicky V, I’m hungry and I want some Digornos. 7:10 PM
Irene Done said…The player of the month in France? Excellent! 9:28 PM In response to my Wizards drafting a foreigner. Just twist the dagger a little more Irene.
10. Mike said…people already booing the knicks, awesome. 7:37PM. Ah yes Mike seemed like a preview of the night at the time, but we had no idea what Zeke had in store for ues.
9. Stuart Scott said…I am an embarrassment to the human race, 7:45 PM. I can’t be sure if this is the real Stu Scott or not. I guess we’ll never know.
8. Mini Me said…Umm Awfulannoucner we need to have a talk…your profile says one of your favorite movies is Major League III. Can this possibly be true?, 7:12 PM. No Comment, but I will say this….any movie that has Scott Bakula, Corbin Bernsen, Dennis Haysbert, and Ted McGinley in it can’t be that bad, can it? Umm no? Okaaaay, moving on….
7. Irene Done said…You know that scene toward the end of Moonstruck where the grandfather is crying because he’s so confused? That’s me after all these trades. Welcome to Dallas Mr Ager.
11:26 PM. Thanks for diffusing the Major League 3 reference with a Moonstruck reference. Only the draft could bring out comments like this.
6. Claude said…Fantastic rundown. Great job! I’ve noticed that if you aren’t carefully listening to JB (Jay Bilas), everything he says seems intelligent and authoritative, and you’ll find yourself nodding your head in a trance of agreement. Only when really thinking about what he is saying does one realize about half his comments are utterly nonsensical and/or completely contradicting prior statements. And that’s why I love him. 2:23 AM. Me too Claude….Me too
5. Spirit of Jack Morris said…Very well done my friend…And yes, Typing for 5 hours is surprisingly exhausting…Now beer me!!! Nothing out of the ordinary except that this came into my email box at 5:15am! Too funny.
4. Tom said…Bargnani won me over with this statement explaining why the New Yorkers were booing him.”I from Europe.” 7:47 PM. Welcome to the Marketing Juggernaut that IS the Toronto Raptors….let’s see you make this one sell Colangelo.
3. Tom said…The one rule of the NBA draft: White players must be compared to white players, even if unfairly so. 7:11 PM. So very true, perfect example on ESPN.com “If Jake Voskuhl can make it in the NBA, Paul Davis should be able to as well.”
2. Tom said…Rachel Nichols is reporting from a mall, judging by the sound. 7:14 PM.
Irene Done said…And Dickie V is reporting from a whorehouse, judging by the curtain.
7:20 PM. Great reader banter there. The echo in the place was very eerie. But then again a peck like Rachel Nichols needs all the help she can get.
1. Tom said…Dan Patrick assumes that because Dick Vitale’s name ends with a vowel, that he must be a Bargnani fan. That’s like assuming all Jetta owners love hiking. 7:23 PM. Tom came fast and furious with the comments, and then disappeared into the night. I’m pretty sure he was busy writing Haikus.
(Thanks again everyone.)